Developing personal health records system for healthcare ISV
A PHR is a tool that used to collect, track and share past and current information about individual health. All individuals should have immediate access to an accurate, reliable and complete PHR. They must have the control over how personal health information is accessed, used, and disclosed. A PHR may be separate from and does not normally replace the legal medical record of any provider.
Experion came up with a mobile solution that enabled users to share personal health information with their physicians. The project involved the development of a mobile-based Personal Health Record application(PHR)for end users. The application stores health information (allergies, medications, test results, consultation summaries, emergency contacts, medical appointments, prescriptions, reminders, etc.) in one secure location. The solution is also integrated with Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems using HL7 standards.
Key Features of the System
- Consolidated Personal Health Record of individual users and family members
- Option to provide external access to health records in case of emergency
- Ability to communicate and securely share information with healthcare professionals
- Web and Mobile (iOS & Android) access to view and update Personal Health Records
- Integration with EMR systems for accessing Order Entry (ORM) & Order Result (ORU) messages
- Adherence to security standards that ensures the safety and privacy of personal information
- Avoid duplicate instances of tests, saving both time and money
- Users can renew prescriptions, book appointments, email physicians and learn more about medical conditions & medication.