Improving supply chain visibility for leading ISV in the logistics space
A leading technology solutions provider to the supply chain industry. Headquartered in the United States, with offices in China, Europe and India, the client offers a unique approach to supply chain management technology challenges. The Cloud platform offered by the client eliminates the traditional divide between planning and execution and enables visibility and data flow across the entire supply network of trading partners in real time.
- Low accuracy in shipment monitoring
- Reduced supply chain productivity
- Not being able to manage shipment delays effectively
- Low visibility into the supply chain
- Cost implications for businesses due to delays
The project involved development of a cross-platform application that helps carriers and drivers monitor shipments managed by the client’s cloud-based platform. The application has a track and trace facility which helps the stakeholders in the supply chain gain understanding about the exact location of the consignment and get timely updates on goods movement.
The application is meant for use by carriers signed up to use the client’s network that provides a virtual marketplace for carriers (Logistics Service Providers) to work along with the shippers. The solution allows the carrier to provide location updates to the shipper through the client system automatically.
- GPS-based location tracking for consignment track and trace
- Improved customer relationship, delivery schedules & order to delivery times
- Easy to perform global searches across all shipments
- Developed on Ionic platform, which can be accessed from iOS & Android devices
- Intuitive user interface for use by transportation supervisors, drivers
- Improved supply chain visibility
- Cost savings due to minimized delays and pilferage